Sunday, November 29, 2009

Customizing headers on MySpace - am I using the right code?

I've been trying to customaize the header for my band's profile and everything is working except the background of the header. I designed a table with links and it was displaying correctly but the background behind the table does not show up. Here is code I was using just for the header:



.header {height: 400px; width: 100%; position: absolute; display: inline; padding: 0px; top: 0px; left: 0px;鑱絙ackground-image: url(http://www.schizmmusic.com/myspace/page/...



.header img {left: 50%; maring-left:-500px}



.header table {width: 992px; left:50%}



Is there anything else i need to add?



Here is the background image that should be seen:



http://www.schizmmusic.com/myspace/page/...



Here is what the page currently looks like:



http://www.geocities.com/ohernan6/Profil...



Thanks!



Customizing headers on MySpace - am I using the right code?

You are going to have to provide the associated HTML if you want an accurate answer - otherwise guesswork.



I don't know if you've just mis-spelt in your question or the actual CSS but



.header img {left: 50%; maring-left:-500px}



should obviously be



.header img {left: 50%; margin-left:-500px}



Actually I just did a rudimentary test of your CSS and I see your background go all the way across the screen as I think you want it to. So that means the CSS in isolation is fine - it must be colliding with some other style that has been laid down around it - try checking the surrounding code around the header class.



Customizing headers on MySpace - am I using the right code?

Try adding background-repeat: repeat-x; to the header css

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
phone